I am a tired Mama lacking lots of sleep who usually types at midnight.....Please forgive my spelling and grammar :)

Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Korey

My Korey.............
From the day I became his Aunt I literately fell in love with him. He was my bald, chunky, white baby. He was such a happy baby and so lovable. What I loved most about him was that he was absolutely crazy about me. He was my nephew and I couldn't be a more prouder Auntie. I remember when I was going away to college and the only reason why I was sad was because I wouldn't be able to see Korey everyday. I still managed to see him as much as I could and he even spent the night in my dorm room a few times. I take my role as an Auntie very seriously. I think to be an Aunt is just as special as being a Mom. It's the kids you get to spoil and love with all your heart and they love you back just the same. The ones that get to spend the night at your house and you feed them junk food and watch movies till midnight. The ones that give you that unconditional love because you are their Aunt.  I hope that is something that not only Korey but the rest of my nieces and nephews take with them throughout their life. That they always know how much I love. That they always refer to me as the COOL Aunt. I have always kept my relationship the same with them despite having kids of my own and that is something I feared but it is something that has never changed. I am their Aunt. I have two important roles in my life and that is to be a Great Aunt and the Best Mom I can be.

 I have a different relationship with each of my Nieces and Nephews and I think my relationship with Korey is extra special. He was my very first baby. The one I missed school for or the one I would ditch my friends for. He is such a sweet boy. The most lovable boy I have ever met. He is almost as tall as me but will still come sit on my lap and hug and cuddle me. I wonder if he will ever stop doing that? I love this kid. I am so proud to be his Aunt. He moved to Colorado a few years ago with his Mom and we get him once a year for the entire Summer, but that summer just isn't enough. I wish he lived closer. I think we are always incomplete without him and I know he is incomplete without us.

Korey never get s a birthday with us because his birthday is in October so we decided to throw him a little party  before he flew back home. This was the first time my Mom has ever had all her grand-kids together. It was such a nice time and these kids love each other so much. I wish we got to do this more often but our Korn-dog (my nickname for him) is just so far. We made the most of our time together. I think it was a success cause he didn't stop smiling.


He got presents.


Leilah tried to keep up with her cousins by attempting to ride a scooter

Good thing she has such a good big cousin. Brayleen was patient.


The cousins sang Happy Birthday

They laughed!

and he smiled.

Happy Birthday my handsome boy.
Niah and Brayleen

These girls love eachother

It isn't a party without cake and Auntie Sandra always makes sure he baby Leilah gets her cake!

She ate two pieces!

ALL THE COUSINS.
This picture captures them in the best way possible. 
My Mom wanted a picture of them all together and this is as good as it gets. It's so real and that's why I love it. The babies wouldn't participate for anything in this world! 
Leilah (crying), Jacob (crying), Korey (Laughing), Jasmine (smiling), JJ (Smiling), Syniah (not looking at the camera), Brayleen (smiling).  


No comments: