I am a tired Mama lacking lots of sleep who usually types at midnight.....Please forgive my spelling and grammar :)

Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

When I was pregnant with Syniah one of my biggest support systems were the teachers I worked along side for so many years a TMA. They really took me under their wing and I will be forever thankful for them. I received special little gifts throughout my pregnancy and even when I returned to work after Niah was born. One gift I hold near and dear to my heart is Niah's very first book.  Fox in Socks by Dr. Seuss. Mrs. Shenton gave it to her because Mrs. Shenton's maiden last name is Fox and that book had special meaning behind it for her so she gave one to Niah. I read that book to Niah in the hospital when she had Pneumonia at 5 months old, Niah took that book with her to Dr. Seuss night at KinderCare when she was just 8 months old, now Syniah gets to skim through the pages and ask questions about what the words say. I look forward to the day when she gets to read that book. It's a tongue twister but I know in no time it will be a piece of cake for her to read. It's funny how certain gifts can be so special and you can look at it and remember not only receiving it but all the memories it has brought along the way. Today is Dr. Seuss birthday and even though Niah is still too young to grasp the fact that we are celebrating the birthday of a man we don't even know personally, we still took the time out of our day to talk about "Read Across America" but to read this special book. I want her to grow up knowing that sometimes even the smallest gifts are the ones that will mean the most and Mrs. Shenton gave her the gift of reading.
Thank You Mrs. Shenton for sharing your love of reading with my Syniah Grace. Thank you for always loving us and showing us your support. Your sweet heart and loving spirit I will forever cherish..

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

No comments: