I am a tired Mama lacking lots of sleep who usually types at midnight.....Please forgive my spelling and grammar :)

Friday, November 19, 2010

A photographers prayer

My girls are the most important part of my life. I couldn't imagine a day in my life without them and I am truly blessed. I try so hard to document all our experiences and all the special moments because it all goes by so fast. Leilah will be a year old in less than 2 months and I hope that I have documented this year the best I can. Syniah and Leilah are flourishing into beautiful little girls and I love most to capture their bond and love for each other. Being a photographer  is such a great gift to be able to capture peoples memories but most of all to capture the memories and love of my beautiful baby girls.

These are just some pictures of them laying on the floor in the morning watching cartoons. They are so silly and lovable with each other. Sometimes Niah can be too lovable (scroll down)



Leilah Faith 10 months old ~ Syniah Grace 2 1/2


Even the not so good moments for them will be the moments that they will treasure and smile at when they get older.


 
I read this the other day and I thought it was very interesting...

"Oh God, as I bring my subject into focus and prepare to make each portrait, never let me forget that I’m creating treasures for some family, a keepsake for loved ones. Make me sensitive to the qualities and virtues of others, that I may draw out into the light the beautiful, radiant belongings of their hearts.


Help me to be an artist, collecting the beauty of every soul, the glow of youth, the gentleness, the laughter or tears of each life that is precious in Thy sight. Deeper than a means of livelihood, give me the perspective to see my photographer’s art as a service to others, making life richer and more memorable.

And, dear Lord, between the lights and shadows, the ups and downs and the rolling years, keep me from getting out of focus or off center, so that my life and work may be framed with dignity and colored with contentment …"

AMEN

Author Unknown

No comments: