I am a tired Mama lacking lots of sleep who usually types at midnight.....Please forgive my spelling and grammar :)

Friday, April 26, 2013

Muffins with Mom

This morning I attended Muffins with Mom at Syniah's school. We ate teeny tiny muffins and drank orange juice. She was able to give me her Mother's Day gift and a card that she made. As she was reading her card my eyes started to water. I am an emotional Mama so it is pretty normal for me but it really did warm my heart. She was so proud to let all her friends know that I am her Mama. I watched other Mother's come in their business attire and rush their daughter's  telling them they needed to hurry and eat or hurry and read their card's. I didn't come in an fancy clothing nor did I have anywhere else to be and I sat and thanked God for that. I was reminded of the sacrifice I am making to be home. I don't get to feel important waking up every morning going to this big money making job but I do know what it is like to have that job and be that Mom who rushes my kid because I am too busy. For now I am sacrificing my value in the workforce because my value at home is greater. This stay at home Mom job isn't forever so I am soaking it all in. I was so thankful to be there with Syniah and talk to her with all the time in the world. Moments like that are definitely something money can't buy. We even went to have crepes after since Syniah claimed that muffins were only a snack. My girl and had a such a great Mama, Daughter morning. I guess I have to enjoy all these moments because I hear that Moms are only cool until elementary school.  Lets pray Niah always thinks I am cool :)

No comments: