I am a tired Mama lacking lots of sleep who usually types at midnight.....Please forgive my spelling and grammar :)

Saturday, July 9, 2011

AVA'S 2ND BIRTHDAY

7 years ago I started working for Autism Solutions for kids and 7 years ago I met a pretty amazing women. My BOSS! Ha. Who says their boss is amazing? I did. I met Bridgette Brooks who was my supervisor. A very business oriented women who had lots of boundaries at work :) Who would have known that I would even become friends with her. Ervin and Ethan (Bridgette's husband) started working together and set up this double date that I was horrified to go on. "I can't go on a double date with Bridgette Brooks" ,"What will we even talk about?" Who would have known the most awkward date would have turned into a lifetime of friendship.  From that day forward we were inseparable. Bridgette still kept her boundaries at work (super hard for me) but once we clocked out that's where the fun began! Bridgette and Ethan were our first Married Christian friends. We started going to church with them. Ervin and I were still really new into our relationship, it was really nice to have a couple guide us and support us. We were always together and shared so many fun memories.Years into our friendship I became pregnant with Niah and Bridgette became the first friend I told, even though I was so nervous to tell her. Like always she supported me, but only a month into my pregnancy she stopped working for Autism Solutions and moved to Burbank. I moved to Rancho Cucamonga. We were no longer minutes from each other which made us lose touch (not a good excuse but a true one). She missed out on my pregnancy with Syniah and experiencing me being a Mama to not one but two babies and along that way she had a baby of her own. I missed out on her joys of mama-hood. We definitely lost out on a few years of each others life.......I think some of the most important years and it makes me sad. I keep thinking only if I had called her more but it is what it is and now we just have a few years to make up.

Which brings us to this.......................

OUR THREE LITTLE GIRLS

Leilah Faith, Syniah Grace, and Ava Grace  (Great middle names huh?) They say great minds think alike :)

When Bridgette invited us to Ava's birthday party I couldn't pass this up and so glad I didn't.

The girls met and seriously.........Instantly they started hugging and became best friends. I think their encounter could only really be seen and not explained. It was so cute. It was as though they knew each other their whole life.



Ava is such a beautiful little girl. So lovable!


It was so special to see Ethan and Bridgette's love for their daughter

We got me meet Sweet Bella (Bridgette's Niece).


Eat lots and lots of candy


Share some good memories


Sing Happy Birthday to little Miss Ava


Watch these girls friendship grow in a matter of hours

They got to meet my Leilah Faith

 We got to see and talk to the amazing Shay

Dada had fun


but most importantly I got my friend back.


We had so much fun and so much to catch up on we couldn't leave. We all hung out till almost 2 in the morning. The girls were still on a sugar high and it gave us a chance to catch up and do what we do best DRINK WINE. Check out this crazy after party! Looks a lot like the parties we use to have before kids took over.


THE AFTER PARTY


Today was a great day for me.We got a friendship back that we truly thought about often and missed. My girls gained a friendship that I hope they will always have. I thank God for putting the Brooks in our life many years ago. They were our mentors, our friends but more like family. This time we won't let them get away :)


No comments: