I am a tired Mama lacking lots of sleep who usually types at midnight.....Please forgive my spelling and grammar :)

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Wish I could keep her small

Time is definitely flashing before my eyes. Today Ms. Joan was talking to me about preschool graduation and I got this crazy lump in my throat. I forgot all about preschool graduation. Ugh..... She is still my baby. It's funny how I can still remember how it felt the first time she kicked in my tummy and the way she smelled when I first held her or how excited I was when she first rolled over. I remember how fast I would drive home from work because I missed her so much. Leaving my 5 month old at Kindercare at the time I thought was the hardest thing I would do as a parent, little did I know watching her grow would definitely be the hardest thing. Not being in control of something is hard. I can't control her milestones and it makes me sad. Time flies. I have a toothless, soon to be 5 year old who is going to graduate from Preschool. So bittersweet. Today I couldn't stop looking at her. She is growing up but even in her sleep she still reminds me of that baby I brought home and the one I use to race home to. I know I can't keep her small forever but I really wish I could.



No comments: