I am a tired Mama lacking lots of sleep who usually types at midnight.....Please forgive my spelling and grammar :)

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

If you asked me 4 years ago if I would be a mother of 2 by the age 27 I would have laughed at you. I always knew I wanted to be a mom. I always had that desire but never really knew when I would want to be a mom. God had his own plans for me. I was a mama to Syniah Grace at 25 and a Mama to Leilah Faith at 26. I wouldn't change that for the world. My whole life I prayed to have a little girl. Being in a home and family surround by boy cousins and brothers i always imagined myself to be the one who would have a bunch of sons and never have that girl I desired so much in my life. God Answered my prayers. He gave me two amazing little girls. The little girls that I could have only dreamt of many years ago. It's not always easy. I have my days where I want to pull my hair out but these are MY GIRLS. For the rest of their life I will be their Mama and I am so grateful. I look at them and think "How am I so lucky to be their Mama?" I have Syniah Grace who is so sweet and filled with so much love to give but so independent and I have Leilah Faith who is quiet and smiley and needs extra love and attention. I would have never thought to be a Mother of 2 at 27 but gosh...... I am a lucky women. I am their Mama for the rest of their lives. I just pray to always have an open and honest relationship with them. I want them to know they can always come to me and I will never judge them or put them down despite their mistakes or imperfections but I will show them tough love at the same time. I can't thank God enough for them and just pray he guides me to be a good and wise Mom. I am a Mother. I am not perfect, but I try my hardest to be the best I can be for them. I love every part of it (except for the sleepless night, but I know one day I will look back and miss it). This has changed my life forever. I am a better person because of my daughters and I thank them for that. This is just the beginning of our life together and I truly am excited for what is ahead. Looking forward to all the laughs, tears, and happiness of a mother daughter relationship. The relationship I dreamt of one day having with my daughter when I was a little girl. It's My 3rd Mother's Day and I couldn't be anymore thankful for my beautiful baby girls.
  
 My pretty Princesses on Mother's Day. (Leilah eyeing Niah's cupcake)
My first Mother's day with my Leilah-bug

No comments: