I am a tired Mama lacking lots of sleep who usually types at midnight.....Please forgive my spelling and grammar :)

Thursday, October 13, 2011

The best example

Lately I am trying hard to be a good Mom and keep my composure at the same time. It is a difficult thing to do. Some days I want to cuddle my babies all day long and watch them play and make a mess and some days I want some quiet time alone to drink a cup of coffee or scream. It's hard for me to be a stay at home Mom. It's hard to go from 40+ hours a week of work where you felt like somebody, kids needed me, parents needed me, I had self worth. To somebody who works at home 100+ hours a week where your job is to cook, clean, change diapers, clean, clean, did I mention clean? I think being a full time Mom makes me completely self-less. That's hard for me. I need to work. Working is what I do.  I find me in my work.  My work restores my sense of self, my balance in my world.  Part of who I am is because I work. I really am jealous of REAL stay-at-home moms.  Not because they get to stay at home with their kids, but because they can, without going certifiably insane.
I have the best example in my life and that is My Best friend and Nina to my kids, Tanya. She is the most amazing beautiful mother I know..............

How do you have 5 kids, one being a newborn and still manage to look gorgeous and seam as though you have it all together?
SuperMom

She is My girls Godmother. I did remember thinking, "Could she really love my daughter when she has 3 kids of her own?" but she has been amazing and has loved her as if she is her own. We were both pregnant at the same time when I got pregnant with Leilah and she was on her 4th pregnancy with Luke..........."maybe she will forget about my Niah, "How can somebody with 4 kids possibly have time for a kid who isn't their own?" Luke came and Tanya never stopped taking her role as Niah's Nina seriously  then Leilah came and when we were deciding who her Godparents would be Tanya was never even in question we just knew. "How can somebody with 4 kids love and have time for not only one but now two Godchildren?" 
SuperMOM
that's who. 

With a 6 day old newborn she still managed to be there on Niah's first day of Preschool.

Now she has 5 kids and loves my girls unconditionally and is always thinking of them. She manages to be a stay at home Mom, stay beautiful and keep it all together.

Do I have the best example of what an amazing stay at home Mom should be?
Of Course I do.

I just wish I could live up to that kind of Mom. It's definitely a hard act to follow.............



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love ya like a fat kid loves cake!! Haha

Tanya...<3...<3...